Wednesday, October 22, 2008

20 songs is not enough

Last night, after challenging two people to make a 20 song playlist of songs that influenced their lives, I started talking about the songs and shows that have brought me to the place I am now. That picture is from a Thursday show and I can tell you the exact moment I fell in love with that band, they played at HOB with Saves the Day, it was one of mine and Sydneys first shows at HOB and we had no idea who Thursday was but we would after that show. I remember watching Geoff sing "Rain, rain down! I think it's gonna rain, rain down", while he swung the mic over his head and I could feel his passion, I knew he believed in the words he was singing. I walked away from that show with an entirely new appreciation for that genre of music and the power behind it. I have a lot of memories like that, I am lucky enough to be able to pinpoint almost every band and song and show that changed my life.


Last night was one of the those shows, thanks PBC and Broadway Calls.

(oh hai Ty!)

No comments: