Wednesday, August 6, 2008

"I don't want a daddy!"

Let me start by saying I have wasted entirely too much time on these books and after the movie comes out I will do my best to return to life as it was pre-Twilight saga.

Now here is my personal review of the book:
COMPLETE AND TOTAL DISSAPPOINTMENT! I don't know the last time a piece of fiction brought me more discomfort. This book was not the Dark Knight of my summer, it lived up to none of the hype and in the end left me feeling silly for being so excited. I truly feel like Stephanie Meyer just tried to please her fans, and I commend her for her attempts but if she would have just stuck with the original formula this book would have ended up being the appropriate and well deserved end to a much loved saga. It was none of that.(How appropriate that Muse is playing on my shuffle as I type this, do you think they even read this crap?) I have read all three books in this saga, and anticipated the last book. After reading it I want to kick myself. I feel like it was almost written by someone else, and technically it was. Stephanie Meyer was a stay-at-home, Mormon mom when she wrote the first books but now she is a Best Selling Author, and is about to have a movie made out of one of her books as well, I don't know how that couldn't change a person. I am not saying fame got to her head, more just suggesting that the vision she initially had for these entire story got a little twisted or lost in the midst of all her new found popularity. I am not going to post any spoilers in here, but know that this was not the book I was hoping for.

No comments: