Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Most people who know me or have been around me during the holiday season know that this movie is one of my all time favorite christmas movies, along with this one...
I have been known to watch both of these every night for the entire month of December, call me crazy but it helps keep me in the spirit. Now why am I writing about Christmas in the middle of August? Good question, here is my answer...my ipod. Not what you expected, right? I leave my ipod on shuffle while I am at work because it is so quiet in my office, well the past two days my ipod has played the main song from How The Grinch Stole Christmas, "Where Are You Christmas?" by Faith Hill and both times I heard it I got a little tingle of excitement for all things Christmas. The older I get the more I appreciate the little things about Christmas and my focus on the gifts I want lessens every year. I just love the traditions my family has created. Christmas Eve is better than Christmas Day and Christmas breakfast is always better than Christmas dinner. Decorating the house and tree has always been a favorite of mine but I am loving it more and more every year, especially now that I am too old to receive the traditional Christmas ornament from my grandparents. I really hope they continue that tradition with my soon to be born nephew, it has always been one of those little things that made me feel like our family was unique and special. Speaking of nephews, I think I am more anxious/excited for this year's holiday season due to the new addition we are expecting, nothing is better than a baby at Christmas(though I am sure my bank account will not agree). I know I have a while to wait but I am still excited.

No comments: