Friday, March 27, 2009

ten thousand days

My parents have been married for 29 years yesterday.

wow.

They got married at the Wee Kirk O' The Heather Chapel on Las Vegas Blvd on March 26th 1980, my mom wore a red wrap skirt (I know own it) and a rainbow plaid shirt, no family members attended, just a few friends. 4 years ago my siblings and I gave my mother the wedding she had always wanted except it was so much better because all the friends and family members that had come into their lives in the past 25 years were able to attend, and of course their 3 amazing children. Me and my sister decorate the club house in her housing complex with deep red and cream, we put up sheets as a backdrop for the "alter" and used red and cream roses and red tulips for the floral displays. My dad was nervous like he was getting married for the first time, it was cute. I cannot remember the food we served, but my brother gave the best speech and my parents received some really great gifts. It was the best day and I am really glad we decided to do it.

I already called dibs on doing my sister's for her 25th anniversary.

1 comment:

megan beals photography said...

it WAS a good day. we totally know how to do a-better late than never-wedding, man!